Sunday, May 17, 2020

Our Day Will Come


Over the years I’ve gotten into the habit of channel surfing as soon as the commercials come on the TV.  Other times I might not want to leave a particular channel because it’s like a Yankee game, so I would just hit the mute button.  This has just been a defensive measure against the never-ending onslaught of commercials, commercials everywhere.  But yesterday for some reason I forgot to switch the channel or even to hit the mute.  And it turned out to be a good thing.  Because there on the TV screen were celebrities, a never-ending array of them.  Most of whom I’d never heard of but that didn’t matter as they’re somebody, even if I don’t happen to know their names.  And they want me, little old anonymous me, to…  “Stay safe.  Stay home.”  They want me to know that.  “I’m not alone in this and they care.”  And, “We’ll get through this and get through this together.”  And, I’m having a hard time today writing this down on my computer because, because of all the tears.  All the tears that are running down my cheeks.  I mean, who knew?

And they’re right too.  We will get through this.  There will come a day when we turn on the TV or log onto the internet and we’ll know it’s over because we won’t see Dr. Fauci.  This has to happen.  This day must come.  This Kung Flu thing will go the way of the H1N1, the Ebola, the Spanish Flu and even the Black Plague.  And we’ll know it’s over as this little gnome of a man Dr. Fauci will no longer be seen.  Dr. Fauci will walk in the footsteps of Jeffrey Epstein, Matt Lauer and Monica Lewinsky.  They’ll be no more video, no more pictures, no memes no # Dr. Fauci.  Just gone, poof!  And, that day is somewhere up ahead and we’ll get there, together, all of us.  Or well, at least most of us.


So cue the music Mr. Curry.


Dicens simile factum est

Pro Bono Publico

No comments:

Post a Comment