Saturday, August 7, 2021

The Fly on the Wall

 

As Governor Cuomo the Younger huddled with his staff this week inside the Governor’s Mansion in Albany isolated from the rest of the world, wouldn’t you like to be the proverbial fly on the wall?  Well, we got him.  The fly that is, not the Governor as no one can get near him but his inner staff.  By the way, this is an exclusive interview.  The Fly can’t afford to waste his time with just anybody. 


Fly “C’mon, let’s make this fast.  I’m not going to live forever.  In fact, I got another 17 days and about 6 hours if I'm lucky.  We only live about month ya know.”

 

NYUUGGEE “I know.  I know.  Your great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather explained all that to me last year.  Now first, how did you get in there?” 


Fly “Oh you don’t believe me?  Fine, I’m outta here.” 


NYUUGGEE “No, no let’s hear what you heard.” 


Fly “Since you’re so nosy I got in through the air conditioner duct and you have to be careful with that believe me.  But it’s worth the risk.  The food, as usual was great, the Salami the Provolone and the Braciole.  It’s to die for.  Anyway, they’re all throwing out ideas like...  we could attack their credibility and then someone else says.  There’s eleven of them?  There’s a lot of silence after that.  In fact, every time someone threw something like that out, they’re would be a lot of silence afterwards.  Hey did I tell you about the Braciole?  I think it was sirloin.  It can be a lot of things but this one I’m pretty sure it was sirloin.”

 

NYUUGGEE “Eh what did the Governor say?”  


Fly “Oh him.  He was pretty quiet through most of it.  He was kind of munching on his knuckles which was kind of sad what with all that great food there.  But he did pipe up and say. ‘I don’t remember grabbing ass or coping a feel.  I don’t remember any of this.  Maybe I got dementia or Alzheimer's.’  There was a lot of head shaking.  No one either bought the idea or thought they could use it.  Then there was some mumbling.  Things you could never hear as you’re a human but of course I'm a Fly.  I can get around and fast.  I wouldn’t repeat the mumblings as I might have missed a few things but it seems like the Cuomo guy did a helluva' lot worse than what you’ve heard so far.  I got the impression the people honing the axe for him are sending him a message, giving him an out.” 


NYUUGGEE “Did he mention what he was going to do?  Resign?  Fight it out?” 


Fly “Naah.  Then he asked who he could line up for support.  Man did it ever get silent.  I had to hold completely still for a long time.  I mean you could hear a pin drop or worse a fly buzzing.  That’s when it gets dangerous too.  I mean if they hear the buzzing.  So, I’m just holding still for like ten maybe even fifteen minutes while no one says boo till they start with the credibility thing again.  Seems like after a whole lot of talking it was the only thing they had.” 


NYUUGGEE “Anything else?” 


Fly “No I was outta' there.  Hey I’m not gonna' live forever.  Besides, I had to go.  I ate a lot, too much really.  How long have we’ve been at this?” 


NYUUGGEE “About a half an hour?” 


Fly “Yeah, a half hour for you but a chunk of my life I’ll never get back.  See ya.” 


With that he buzzed away but now you’re all up to date on what’s going on inside the portals of power in the Governor’s Mansion up in Albany. 


Dicens simile factum est 

Pro Bono Publico 


dfabmd@aol.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment